Ok guys, first post! I figured since I sent out my support letters with this address in them I might as well get something in here to read.
I'll update you as to what is going on currently in the process of going to South Africa and all that kinda thing.
I have sent in all (well, most) of my paperwork to the South African Embassy. They only require a couple more minor things more from me. So I will get those in the mail (er, Fedex) so they will get there tomorrow so they can get the ball moving for my visa! I am trusting God for finances for this trip. He has spoken pretty strongly regarding this trip and I have no doubt that I am called to go and since I don't have all of the resources for it on my own I know that He WILL make a way. (I will probably spend more time next time explaining a little about this trip is and why I'm going and just giving background and context to everything.) :)
If you don't know already my hip was injured on the job back in July and I have been unable to work (and sometimes unable to walk) because of it. Workers comp is doing good at keeping me afloat, it's just not what I usually make in a week. I am happy to announce that in the last two weeks I have been doing much much better overall. I had an appointment with the doctor this morning and he said that it looked like I can return to full duty now. This is good news because it's been a four month process of not working, going to doctors, going back to work, then not being able to work again and more doctors. During this process I asked for people to just pray for me for healing. A lot of the time the people praying would hear God say "it's not time to be healed yet," and "this is more to this hip thing than it simply being an injury." As you can imagine that was a little frustrating to hear but encouraging at the same time. All that to say that although I don't feel 100% yet I feel good enough to start back on the job.
That, I believe, is that. If I could ask you guys to be discreet about the whole me going to South Africa thing on facebook for the time being. I will have to give my employer a two week notice when the time comes and they don't know anything about me going anywhere currently and I just want to honor them and keep my job secure for the last couple of months that I am there.
Quick prayer points:
1. That God will provide the funds for this trip that He has put on my heart
2. Smooth process to get my visa
3. Continued healing in my hip
4. Favor and energy at work, 4 months of not working will take a toll on me
5. That God will continue to reveal His heart to me as I prepare to go to South Africa
Thanks guys, more to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment