Update time! It's 12 days till I leave and I'm having a blast! I've been a little blindsided by some push back and resistance (i.e. getting sick as a dog with no insurance to cover costs) but God has shown up in the weird circumstances so I can honestly say it's all good. I would like to take a moment to thank my bosses at my (now former) job. My managers have been amazing people to work for and have sent me out well. So, if any of yall are reading this, thank you for being who you are.
The big Iron Chef competition is on Saturday. The funds raised are in support of the trip, there will be fun food and fun people, I cannot wait. We're scrambling to get one or two things we still need for it but I'm sure it'll work out. Oh, and the shirts have arrived and we are selling those also. Sadly, there is no picture of them to attach to this post yet.
Some out of town friends came in to town to see me and it was wonderful. Their arrival was a big surprise and just awesome because I thought that I wouldn't be able to see them before I left. It's good to have many friends that you can call family.
I want to brag on God for a minute here. My birthday is 5 days before Christmas and when you work at FedEx that is the craziest time of the year. I was a part time Pick Up Courier, meaning I clocked in in the afternoon and didn't so much deliver boxes as I did pick them up. During Christmas rush we volunteer and clock in in the morning to help deliver. Sometimes we get called in and sometimes not depending on the amount of freight there is that day. I woke up on my birthday and was just tired. My memory is I had been going in early for a few days and that had run me down, we were told that day (the 20th) was going to be one of the heaviest days; so I woke up and just wanted to sleep some more. I asked God for a birthday present - I said "God, I'm tired and worried about today. I want a birthday present from you. I want to not have to clock in until the afternoon and I want to have an easy day." That day I was told not to come in until the afternoon and had one of the easiest days I have ever had at FedEx even though everyone got killed that day. What's hilarious is that during my route I realized and said to myself that "pizza would be great for dinner today," realized that it wouldn't happen and moved on. Guess what was waiting for us when we got off the road that night? Yes, management went and picked up pizzas for everyone because that's what they do every now and then to show their appreciation. Yes, it was an awesome birthday.
One more thing. Something that has been on my mind the last few months is how we are the bride of Christ. It blows my mint to realize that THAT is the level of affection He has for us, how much He is emotionally invested in us; and it makes me lovesick. So it really frustrates me when I see those who say they are Christians who go yell and hate people and say that "hate and judgment is how Jesus does things." *Gets off soapbox.* Anyway. Recently me and God were hanging out and He said something that turned me into a puddle. Ironically I was headed to the gun show to meet friends there when He said it. I had felt a real nearness of His presence all day and was loving it. He said "Hey, you know what I want you to do in your life?" I said "What?" He said "I haven't called you to go tell people how they're living and acting in a way that YOU think is wrong. We don't go yell at people. We hand out wedding invitations. I want you to tell people that I am lovesick for them. I want you to give them my wedding invitations."
I love how God puts things into perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment